During the month of May, let’s see how many people we can help on the streets of Omaha.
It’s as simple as….
The first step to a Skate for Change outing is to get your crew and donations together!
The next step is simple: Take the donations you have raised and skate with your friends, colleagues, and classmates to hand them out. If you can’t skate please donate to support our mission!
Hand out them items you are skating with and sit down and get to know people. This is the best part. 🙂
During the month of May, Firespring is teaming up with Skate for Change to take care of those on the streets. Homelessness is on the rise in major U.S. cities and some of the most needed items are simple hygiene items like socks, water, and soap. From May 1-31, we are challenging our network of misfits, artists, creatives, do-gooders, and skaters to grab their boards, bikes, and friends and go #SkateforChange in Omaha or donate and support the ones who do!
Skaters, students, teachers, school staff, parents; everyone is invited to be a part of this!
Streets and alleys across Omaha. Anywhere where people are forced to sleep on our streets.
- Everyone has Value
- Everyone deserves second chances, love, justice, and a friend. In this world of negativity, we swim upstream; speaking for the silent and standing for the broken.
- Leadership Means Action
- Its not about how many followers you have, your college degree, or how you look.Making a difference and being a leader is all about action. What did you do today to help others?
- It’s Simple
- Making a difference is as simple as taking whatever you love to do and using to help others. You don’t need matching shirts or community service hours to inspire you – you do it because it’s the right thing to do.
Steps to Organize Your Project: Omaha Outing:
- Enter your email below
- We will email you instructions, resources, ideas, tips and videos to make sure your outing has maximum impact on your city!
- Use the Facebook Event page
- Use this page to ask questions and get ideas from outings in other cities!
- Spread the word:
- Create posters, post on social media and spread the news with word-of-mouth. Create a facebook event for your outing and invite all your classmates and friends! Galvanize as many people and students you can to participate with you.
- Use the has hashtag #ProjectOmaha .Put out a press release announcing your action. Find a sample release here
Get involved with Skate for Change and follow us on social media
- Celebrate your crew! Post photos, grab some pizza!
- Send any photos or videos you take to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us!
- Photo/Video Ideas:
- Take photos of your crew
- Get photos of your donations
- Step back a few steps and get a shot of your crew in action!
- Social media isn’t the reason any of us give back, but we do want to share your photos to celebrate you, help you raise donations, and continue the good in your city. Note: We understand there are often sensitivities around capturing people and moments. Use your discretion and please only send us content you are comfortable sending, or share quotes and stories intstead.
- Photo/Video Ideas:
Project: Omaha Submission form
GO BEYOND GOOD
As Nebraska’s first Certified B Corporation, we love working collaboratively with other organizations to identify their purpose and bring it to life.
We are excited to not only invest in our city, but in the people who call it home. If you are passionate about this city like we are, we would love you on our team!
You can still support the project by taking a second to donate. From the streets of Omaha, to seven countries around globe, turn your funds into real change for people by donating today.